Things we really can use right now::
Other things we could use:
- Baked beans
- Salad dressing -- especially ranch -- our guests favorite!!
- Coffee -- ground (not beans)
- Men's L and XL ski jackets
- Mens and Womens thermal underwear
- Hot Sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- Canned vegetables -- corn, green beans, peas, carrots, etc
- Paper products -- toilet paper, napkins, paper towels
- Fresh fruit
- Stop & Shop Gift Cards
- Individual sized toiletries -- soap, shampoo,
toothbrushes, toothpaste, deoderant
- Heavy duty potholders
- Blankets -- twin size and machine washable --no quilts or comforters please
- Disposable razors
- Hams -- canned or other
- T shirts -- med, large and x large adult
- Salt, Pepper and Spices
- Mayonnaise, Ketchup and Mustard
- Cup-o-soup or ramen
- Hot chocolate mix
- Canned chicken and other canned meats
- Canned Soup
- Canned Gravy
- Cheese -- any kind
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Canned Fruit
- Peanut butter
- Adult warm winter gloves (especially men's), adult warm winter hats and large/extra large
Things that we are not looking for:
- Clothing except adult gloves, adult hats and large/extra large ski jackets
- Cold drink mix -- lemonade, iced tea, etc
shelter could really use donations of blankets at the current time.
This would be a great opportunity for a youth or church
do a collection. Blankets should be twin size and
washable. Please no comforters, quilts or sleeping bags.
you are considering donating a turkey, if you can do so, please donate
a ham instead. It's much easier to prepare and serve.
Day House has limited storage facillities, so we are unable to accept
clothes donations except for adult ski jackets, warm adult gloves, and
winter adult hats.
we are not able to arrange pickups of donations. The best
to bring donations to Dorothy Day House is between 1pm and 2:30pm when
the cooking crew is preparing the daily meal. It's a good idea to call
(203-743-7988) to make sure someone is at the kitchen before dropping
off donations. For directions to Dorothy Day House, click here.
We welcome groups to
conduct food drives for items found on
our Wish List. However,
collected is used in meals prepared at the kitchen.
We do not distribute food baskets to our
there is no large
requirement for food around Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Plenty of
donations come in at this time, so
if you are planning a food drive, if it is possible, please consider
during the first 10 months of the year.